This is caused by the new XCode4 structure with these "schemes" and "Product". I don't like them! The previous Project and build target were more friendly.
If I load Cocos2d workspace I see three Projects
- cocos2d-ios -PerformanceTests.
When you click in the Xcode4 scheme box you don't see any sample there, there is a bunch of MacOS targets ActionTest, ActionEaseTest etc, there are some IOS targets like FontLabel, but no IOS samples.
If you click on the cocos2d-ios project you can see the Project Summary, and verify that the sample targets are there. So how come the don't appear in the "Scheme/Targets" list? From what I can see it, seems the only one visible are the first one in the macos project.
Apple removed the "build target" and "run target" from the Product menu so we are stuck, or maybe not.
The solution is simple.
- Go to the Schemes menu by typing Command - < for Edit Scheme
- in the left column click on Run
- In the info panel you can select debug or release
- Just below in executable you can click on the box and now see all the samples.
- Select the one you want to build
- Return to the scheme button in top left of XCode4 and click
- now you should see all the IOS samples and select Device, Simulator etc
Voilà. If you find this info useful please click on the Google +1 below or post questions.