Thursday, June 2, 2011

Watch Out Steve! iCloud is crashing on my iPad!

Steve Jobs will come out of retirement for WWDC 2011 and deliver the keynote himself which is quite extraordinary and confirms that something big will be announced! 

Buzz word says he is supposed to announce iCloud, IOS5 and MACOS Lion but this is not very exciting. Unless MacOS has 3D, virtual games devices and iCloud replaces MobileMe and becomes free for all iPad users...

You may not know but iCloud alias CloudMe, is the new MobileMe. Apple bought iCloud from Xcerion, a service company based in Sweeden -Linkoping for $4M. You can get a free account here.

What I don't understand now is that iCloud says that Safari is not supported when I login. Can you believe that? An Apple site that does not fully support Safari? Weird (See left of login button)



I hope Steve Job's demo of iCloud on his iPad works! Here it doesn't!  See what I get when I try to login to my CloudMe account on my iPad. I put the developer debug on and as you can see below iCloud is asking for Java. How many days to WWDC 2011 ? 






Note:    reminded me that this is NOT the Apple site but of a company called ... XCerion. I perfectly know that! The post above is just to point that at -72H iCloud is still in Sweden which I find abnormal and risky.


Let see, Apple took control of iCloud.com and iCloud.org June 1st as proven by NETSOL whois records. An IP trace of iCloud.com says it is still in Sweeden (traceroute to icloud.com IP=83.140.241.12). I find unwise for Apple to keep the Xcerion version of the web still opened. They should have switched to their Cupertino servers. 


We all know Apple, they will pull the drapes just when Steve Jobs enters the stage, only problem is that DNS propagation takes an average of 24H to propagate all over the world. We just hope that the Clouds will dissipate next Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment